An Introduction to Sioux Falls
A family-friendly community full of activities to do together only leaves you with one question: where do you start?
Resources for Your Family
There’s a reason people from around the world move to Sioux Falls — to raise a family. What do we offer?
- Over 80 parks within city limits
- Nearly 30 miles of bike paths along the Big Sioux River
- Six public pools (plus an indoor pool open year-round)
- Excellent public and private schooling options for all ages
- Museums like the Washington Pavilion’s Kirby Science Discovery Center
- Nearby nature areas like Newton Hills State Park and Good Earth State Park
Family Life in Sioux Falls
Keep your kids safe, active and engaged. Sioux Falls and surrounding towns have activities for families with children so they can play, create and socialize at all ages.
We know childcare is one of the biggest factors a parent has to consider when moving. Sioux Falls has a variety of options, from in-home care to Montessori, preschools, nationally ranked preschool centers and before and after-school programs.